Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring & Teachers' Convention


Well, the snow may be falling again in Edmonton, but I am thinking spring!  

This week I have been making hats in cotton canvas (pale pink, pale grey, mocha brown) and linen (light tan, coral pink, baby blue).  I've also started making more of my reverse applique hats (pictured to the right) that sold out last summer.  They will come in dark denim, canvas and some light weight corduroys.  Plaids and tweeds will still have a place at my table, despite warmer temperatures, because I love how the hats look in these fabrics.  

I'd like to invite you to Thursday's show, the GCWCC Craft Fair, at Canada Place, 9:00-3:30.  I will be part of the group on the main atrium level and other great local artists will be in the food court level.  This show coincides with GETCA's Teachers' Convention (near and dear to my heart as I am a teacher!) and I'd like to welcome my former coworkers from Fort McMurray to Edmonton.  Show me your GETCA book and you can save $5 off of any in-stock hat.  Have a great time and learn (& shop) lots!

One more bit of exciting news is that The Velvet Room Boutique in Kerrisdale, Vancouver will soon have Sugar Soul Studio hats!  The boutique exclusively carries lines by Canadian desugners and artists and I am very pleased to be working with this enthusiastic mother-daughter team.  Please check out their link above and visit if you are in Van.

Have a great week and be sure to stop by the Old Strathcona Farmers' Market next Saturday, February 28th (this may be my last day as many longtime vendors come back from their holidays).  Let's all hope they have a space for me in March!