Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December Update

I did it!  I survived the craft show mania of November 2010!  I wanted a challenge and doing the Make It  Shows in Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton plus a few dates at the Old Strathcona Farmers' Market definitely was challenging but it was also lots of fun!

I love travelling to shows and I got to share the Vancouver show with my dear friend, Sarah, the queen of monster-making, from Belua Designs.  Luckily, I flew out and skipped the treacherous road trip through the snowy mountain passes.
Me and Sarah from Belua Designs

Vancouverites weren't put off by the fresh snowfall and packed the aisles all weekend.  I also met the wonderful ladies from Vancouver's Scraps:A Green General Store, and have added them to the line-up that carries Sugar Soul hats.  They have a nice collection of adult and kids' hats that are all made from vintage, upcycled and reclaimed fabrics.  
Before Vancouver Make It opened...
...and after!!
Now, I've got just a couple of days left to get ready for my biggest craft show of the year!  The Butterdome Craft Sale, December 9-12th, is open this Thursday & Friday 11-10, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-5.  I'll update this site once I know which aisle my booth is in so you can find me easily : )

Hopefully you'll be able to make the show but just in case, I will also be set up on the main floor of Canada Place next Tuesday to Thursday, December 14-16th, from 9am to 4:30pm for a small craft sale that's part of a United Way fundraiser.

Now, start making that Christmas shopping list!!