Monday, June 16, 2014



It's the last week of spring and there is just so much going on here in my wee studio.

Locally, our summer markets are well underway.  For outdoor markets, you'll find me at the Tantallon Village Farmers' Market on Tuesdays (2-6:30pm) as well as alternate Friday mornings in Chester at their market by the train station (upcoming dates for me: June 27, July 11, July 25).  Saturdays, you'll still find me at the Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market (7am-3pm), but I have been relocated from upstairs down to Pavilion 20 (the hall attached to the south end of the main market via hallways near Noggins' Farm and Laughing Whale Coffee).

Dresses and tops have joined my array of hats again this summer.  I've really enjoyed hearing positive feedback about the garments I'm making and love that some have left the studio to closets around Canada and the world (really! a dress and hat went off to Azerbaijan the other week!).  I have just listed  a few garments in my online ETSY shop as well if you'd like to have a peek.

Edmonton & St.Albert!!  You have just a few more weeks to shop at Cocoon Handmade: A Pop-Up Boutique before it closes Saturday, June 28th.  A temporary extension of the Sabrina Butterfly Boutique in the Highlands, Cocoon is located in the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert.  You'll find an amazing selection of Canadian made clothing, accessories and home goods.  Once Cocoon closes, Sabrina Butterfly will be the place to get your new Sugar Soul hat for the rest of the summer.

My biggest news this week was that I've been accepted into the Christmas One of a Kind Show and Sale!  Woo hoo!  I'll be there for the first 5 days of this amazing 11 day show, November 27th to December 1st.  It might seem like a long way off, but sewing for this show and my other Christmas shows starts next week.  It's a pretty big deal - can you tell I'm excited?!

Have a wonderful week!
~Christine